Tuesday, August 26, 2014

13.1

A while ago, I am still not real sure how it came to be, I agreed to do a half marathon with my friend Amy. All in all, I am glad that I did it. For once in my life, I am a runner. I still don't think running long distances is good for my body, but I now can access running a few miles as an easy work out- no problem. I learned 5 miles is my sweet spot. We joined the America's Finest City half marathon, which started at the Cabrillo Monument and ended at Balboa Park. The race was on 8/17 and of course the temp was 80 degrees by start time (7am) with a bit a humidity. At any rate, it was a good run and I met my goal running the entire race... no walking. I completed the 13.1 miles in 2:15. Though throughout my training I never timed myself, so running the whole thing means more to me then the time. I have too many pictures, but most likely I will not be running another one of these so bear with me. 

 Before race meal! We opted for a steak house.

Before...
{Stacie, Mike, and Amy}
All three of us trained every Saturday together for two months.We started at 5 miles and worked our way up to 12. We usually ended our runs with a Starbucks treat!
A gang of multiple friends...
Amy and I trained a bit more together getting in some mid-week runs and cross training at Pilates together. I think we will miss training together. 


Amy and I started and ended the race together... we lost each other a bit in the middle. 

During...





The girls, and few other friends,  met me on route to cheer me on! 
Uncle Drew got it one video. 



After...
We did it! 



Tony met me at the finish line!
Then took me on a lunch date because I was starving... 


13.1

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...