Friday, September 5, 2014

First day of Kindergarten

JOY is the only word that comes to mind when I describe this day. I really didn't know what to expect watching my two little girls start their school career. I didn't know how it would make me feel or how I would react. They were taking a big step, but this big step happened to land them with me at work every day. Lucky, Lucky me. Because it has been nothing but joyful to be by their side (literally) through this transition!
Ellie and Lola
age 5 1/2
September 2, 2014
School: Silver Gate elementary
Teacher: Mrs. Sykes


Ellie Francesca
My spunky, eager Kindergartner

Lola Grace
My happy, go with the flow kindergartner

Here we go... together



The classic school shots...  Ellie was already resisting...
but it's our right of passage as parents so I INSISTED on lots! 

Me and My girls, so happy they are with me!
I know it's weird, but having them at work with makes me feel a little less guilty about leaving them to go to work...complete in a way. 


I love walking by the girl's classroom during the day  and see their backpacks hung on the hooks...

Time to line up!
Desks!

Let's get this day started!
I just had to sneak this picture...when I am walking around campus I see the girls quite frequently, this time they were going out for running club... this will never get old.
Though, my very favorite part of my day was when I picked the girls up from class and brought them back to my classroom to have a snack. Ellie stated "Mom, let's sit and chat" Then both Lola and Ellie proceeded to tell me every detail about their first day at school! LOVE!!
and because their mom's a teacher... they get a little extra after school playtime.



This is a second day of school shot,  but all this girl wants to do after school is "chit- chat"
I'm all EARS always Ellie!
On a side note... I was a TAD worried about our morning routine come this school year. I had to get myself ready for work as well as get two little ones to school on-time. I  resorted to Pintrest for some help. I saw these charts and had to make them... I will tell you they have worked FANTASTIC! The girls pick their cloths out the night before and then I wake them up and after that they are 100% independent. They follow the chart by completing the task and then closing the window after each task and then move to the next. The reward is- if they are done in early they get some cartoon time before we leave for school. I don't want to Jinx it, but our mornings have been so smooth and we have been on-time with no-stress each day this week!!!



Done! 
It was a great start to what I am sure will be a great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...