Thursday, March 26, 2015

Fun on the Farm!

Stehly Farms

The farm where I get my bi-month CSA box had a strawberry picking event last week. I was so excited for this event, because I thought how cool it would be to show the girls where the fruit and veggies we eat are grown. Free passes were included in our produce box, so my brother Mark and I took the kids up there for the day. The day exceeded our expectations. They had corralled the animals that live around the farm to create a petting zoo, they had a play ground and a fire truck. They also had a framers market set up and a taco bar complete with guacamole made from the avocados grown on the farm and the chicken's raised free range on the farm. The highlight of the day was of course the tractor ride to the strawberry fields. The cousins had a blast hunting for the perfect strawberries. 



























They have blackberry picking in May- we will be back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...