Friday, September 11, 2015

First Day of First Grade

The first day of first grade has come! Ellie was ecstatic to start school again and Lola was a bit hesitant because she didn't want to wake up early. Though the morning of the first day, they both were bright eyed and woke up on their own excited to start the day! I was excited too, this year the girls are on the "big" playground allowing them to pop in and out of my classroom as they please during recess and lunch... I love that! 

Ellie and Lola
age: 6 1/2 
September 8,  2015
School: Silver Gate Elementary
Teacher: Mrs Ahlstrom







 They're ready! Room 2
 Their desks all ready for them! 

Mrs. Ahlstrom is one of the most devoted and talented teachers I have ever worked with. I have learned so much from simply working in her classroom supporting my special needs students that are placed in her class. I am thrilled that the girls have her for a teacher and so excited to watch them grow and learn this year! Here they are having their first "morning meeting" with Mrs. Ahlstrom. 

The other big news of this school year is that Ella and Xavier (not pictured) are at Silver Gate in Mrs. Sykes class none the less!!! It's so fun for the girls to have their close friends at school with them!


Mrs. Ahlstrom texted me this picture (I love that!) on day two of school it was of Ellie reading with her reading partner Duke during class with the caption "she's starting to open up." I guess the first day  Ellie was so shy with Mrs. Ahlstrom even though she already knew her pretty well! 

 This year is off to a good start, for the girls and for me! Not to jinx anything, but this is the smoothest start to a school year I have yet in my career. I have a feeling it's going to be a good year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...