Wednesday, September 9, 2015

sweet summer


Labor day is always bitter sweet... It symbolizes the end of summer and the start of a new school year. I'm always a bit hesitant to give in to the coming of fall and the commitments the school season brings. Though I know, I would not feel this way if it was not for the memories made during the sweet summer. 

The last day of summer found us here... where we feel most at home. 

some of my favorite summer moments:

  • standing ankle deep in the ocean watching two little boogie boarding girls look back over their shoulder every few minutes, find me, and give me a thumbs up... priceless
  • handing my parents the keys to their new home in San Diego County!
  • meeting my nephew Christian
  • date night with my hubby in Hawaii
  • evening reading in my comfy chair on my patio (I have gained a new found love for reading this summer)
  • every moment I spent laughing with the girls while playing in the waters of Hawaii - I miss Hawaii
  • playing Cards of Humanity with three couples form my church...fantastic
  • boating on the bay with my brother Mark 
  • our family night watching the sunset and surfers at the cliffs 
  • catching up and beaching it with friends I never get to see during the school year
  • daughter dates
  • family BBQs 
  • teaching my girls to paddle on their own
  • beach, bonfire, birthday
  • watching my girls learn to sew
  • taking my grandmother around San Diego 
  • lazy days building Legos
  • watching the sunset over Pipeline, Oahu
  • driving around in a car full of sand and loving it! 

Summer 2015 - you will be missed! 

Like the saying goes... 
The tan lines will fade, but the memories will last forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...